On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 10:23:47AM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 9:00 AM Dan Kenigsberg <dan...@cs.technion.ac.il>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 04:24:27PM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> > > Hi Dan,

> > content is
> > list

> > Open
> > but I

> > hspell,
> > seem
> > make

> > your

I think that if you do so ^^^ you'd have a stable URL to share.

> > > It is being generated now on every push:
> > > https://github.com/szabgab/ladino-diksionaryo-generated/
> >
> > Thanks for the URL. But where are the artifacts? They probably hide in
> > plain sight... Can you provide a URL to the .aff/.dic files?
> >

> Oh well, GitHub can be tricky sometimes :)
> (I think this is the direct link to download the zip of the two files:
> https://github.com/szabgab/ladino-diksionaryo-generated/suites/6938585306/artifacts/270273527
> )
>
> Manually:
> Visit the project repo:
> https://github.com/szabgab/ladino-diksionaryo-generated/
> click on "Actions"
> then on the job that created the artifact (in this case it is called CI)
> There you'll have the artifacts of the project
> e.g. This is the direct link to a recent build
> https://github.com/szabgab/ladino-diksionaryo-generated/actions/runs/2500028854
>
> If you now click on "hunspell" it will download the two files in a zip.
>
> AFAIK the artifacts are removed after a few weeks so these links will be
> gone, but the desription above should still work.
>

> > > I can put on some tags if you think they are important for some reason,
> > but
> > > I don't have specific release points.
> > > Every change in the dictionary triggers the re-build of the whole web
> > site
> > > and the two files as well.

> > it
> > > >

> > > I'd really like to know how do you (or some else) test it.
> >
> > `hunspell -D` shows where you can drop the files; then `hunspell -d
> > language` would lets me spell-check a text, say a random page from
> > https://lad.wikipedia.org.
> >

> Thanks. And yeah, the ladino version of vikipedia is quite bad - as I am
> told - as it is written mostly by spanish speakers
> who include a lot of words from modern spanish instead of using Ladino.
> That's another project to work on to fix that :)

I can say that it works well on my box. Nice!

I suppose that the coverage should improve. For example, I think you can
add Astronomiya to the lexicon. But I cannot judge Ladino correctness in
any way...

In hspell it took us several years of pain-stakingly spellchecking
Wikipedia pages to reach good coverage. But please do not let this
discourage you. Helping Ladino survive is a noble cause to follow.