On Mon, Jan 16, 2012, at 12:55 PM, John Francis wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:56:17PM +1100, Brian Walters wrote:
> > Hmmm
> >
> > Well this is getting odder and odder.
> >
> > Just for kicks, I set up a second Fastmail account for PDML mail and,
> > hey presto, it received my reply to Doug. But the original Fastmail
> > account hasn't.
> >
> > It's a mystery.
> >
> > I'll follow it up in the AM.  I'm going to bed now.
>
> One thing you might want to try - send a reply/followup from your
> second Fastmail account.
>
> It's possible that Fastmail supresses copies of mail it thinks it
> has already seen (which could include messages it originated).
> If that's the case, a message sent from the second account would
> show up in the inbox for the first account, but not in the inbox
> for the second account.

Thanks, John - I actually already tried that and the message didn't show
up in the first account.

However... this morning all of the missing mail from yesterday had
appeared in the first account, starting just after midnight and
finishing at 2:15 AM.

But... the first account then immediately went into another sulk and
hasn't received any new mail since.

Since mail is being received in the second account OK, I could just use
it from now on but I have some special folders set up in the first where
I store useful info permanently, so I'd like to sort out this problem.

Looks like I need to talk to Fastmail support.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia