Quoting steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com>:

on 2012-01-17 21:59 Brian Walters wrote
Quoting steve harley:
i suspect an intermediate server is delaying the emails; check the raw
headers ? there should be a time stamp at each server; do you notice any big
gaps in the timestamps (on the messages that were delayed)?

I'm using Fastmail via the web interface so I can't see any headers.

maybe it's a paid-only feature, but in my view of Fastmail on the web there's a "Show full header" link on the right hand side of the regular header

You're right, the full header link is there - I just didn't notice it.

Looking through the timestamps, there does appear to be delays but the times also seem to cover different time zones, so it's difficult to decipher. Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it. If Fastmail can't sort it out satisfactorily, I'll just continue to use this email address.

--
Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters