On 3/3/2024 2:21 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

You mean that there are people who think that photography is actually fun?

Some of us still do it for the joy of doing it rather than treating it as some sort of chore where we need to post one masterpiece per day in Instagram.

I was quite surprised that it is a vertical half frame, but the logic behind
that decision is that a vertical format is what the target market is already
comfortable with.
I'm inclined to suggest that one of the biggest advantages of film is that
every frame does cost money, it is what forces you to slow down and think about
each shot.

If Ricoh were really thinking outside the box, they would take a film SLR and
replace the focusing screen with a sensor.  The viewfinder would be electronic,
and it would be able to take digital images either as proofs or cheap snaps,
but when you wanted, you could flip a switch and expose a frame of film.

This would require a sea change in their camera philosophy and a tremendous cash outlay available for throwing burning hundred dollar bills out the window.

Neither is likely.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List