Exactly!

On 04-Mar-24 05:59 PM, Bob W PDML wrote:
On 4 Mar 2024, at 15:42, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

It's not going to be a horizontal half frame, that would just be plain silly.
There were a couple of quick teasers in the video. Portrait format like a
'phone camera. IMHO it will be standard film advance, but half a frame at a
time. It seems to me it will be like a digital compact with film replacing the
sensor. All controls will be electronic, nothing mechanical. The lens could be
anything. Auto mode will probably mostly rule supreme.

Alan C
He says in the video, as they have all along, that it will have a manual
mechanical film advance. Same with the rewind.

They also seem to be considering some sort of unconventional focusing method
based on zone focusing, so I’m guessing at a click-stop mechanism possibly
implemented as focus by wire rather than having all the gubbins needed for
autofocus or for a real focus ring.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List