On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Eric Grange <zar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > A counter-opinion, though apparently in the small minority: i _absolutely
> > despise_ fixed-width web site layouts.
>
> Just to clarify, this is not fixed width, but limited max width, ie. it
> only kicks in when the browser window is very large. The site is fluid
> (like now) at smaller widths.

And i mis-typed :/. i _despise_ both fixed widths and designer-specified
maximum widths ;). No designer on this planet knows what my screen
resolution/viewing preferences are and has no business assuming they do.
It's likely that assumption about my preferences/limits which annoys me
more than the limitation itself does.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/