> I’m not sure I’d agree with that.  People tend to quote when replying to
> mail, even if just one line, to provide context.  That’s a lot less true of
> the forums, especially if you’re responding to a one line question or comment
> on the message right above yours.   Since the forum emails only quote the new
> message, there is much less context in any given message.  Part of why I like
> email lists is that they may be old school, but people that use them well
> make sure there is very very little state in the conversation.  That’s the
> exact opposite with forum posts.

Couldn't agree more. I am a teenager who has to go to school and
attend classes regularly, and some of the days I am very, very busy.
The natural quoting style ubiquitous in emails means that I can
quickly scan through the message without missing much context. At the
end of the day I need to be productive.