>lest anybody should get the wrong impression--hot 97 bascially plays the most
>commercial pap imaginable (think endless slow jams for the 'ladies')
>interspersed with equal time given to ads.
>they used to have frankie knuckles spining from 2-4 on saturday nights. i
>have >a pile of great tapes. but that was a few years back now.
> let me take the chance to say radio sucks in new york.

Agreed, Hot 97 is disappointing now.  I used to listen to it all the time
as well, then it faded to just "Old School At Noon" and "Funkarama
Thursday" nights.  Now I can't take it, it's the same shit over and over
and over.  Talk about getting programmed...

I do have to say 98.7 Kiss can be sweet.  It was most amazing a few years
ago when Roger was still alive and doing his "Uptown Saturday Night" right
into Jay "Mixin'" Dixon's "Kiss Club Classics."  I have a ton of tapes from
then.  It's since been replaced by the Allen brothers doing "Saturday Night
House Party" which can be really good but also lame in spots - which
Roger's show never was.  However Saturday nights bring out a lot of amazing
music - some pre-techno "Detroit"-style sounds, like Was Not Was, Kano and
Kraftwerk.

        environ * 73 mandeville drive * wayne, NJ 07470-6566 * USA

          [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.webspan.net/~environ