I think Cyclones statements below should be taken as relating to the eastern states. With perth Ben Stinga is on the job at Complex records and we get stuff at the same time the rest of the world does. Its all imports of course...
Josh

In Australia it comes down to the majors not having a clue about how to
market urban music. The base for urban music is working class and ethnic and
the labels are mainly staffed by people of Anglo backgrounds into rock. The
urban kids do buy stuff on import and huge sales are lost. Dance releases
are often delayed too. By the time Inner City's Good Life came out through
Festival last year, they had lost the momentum in the clubs.

With local pressings it is sometimes a scheduling and fiscal thing - Donell
Jones' LP is about to drop now but that is because it's a quiet time of year
release-wise and less likely to get looked over.