In a message dated 2/10/00 7:05:04 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< With any top radio format I just think there's more hoops to jump through
and also less of a language barrie with techno than hip-hop where alot of
the phrases and slangs might not translate.

You'd be surprised. The biggest mainstream music worldwide (no matter what
the music business would have you believe) is Rap/R&B (note I don't say
"hip-hop"). Whenever you have Japanese kids whose only English they know is
the lyrics of a Method Man record (see the movie "The Show") and Japanese
girls who fry their hair and go to tanning booths to look like Brandy, I'd
say the language is universal. There are kids from Australia who talk more
black than I do because of the records.

Back to techno music. Having put out my own records since '92, I'd say its
globalization has grown right along with faster overnight shipping companies
like FedEx and DHL, the Internet and Watts Music being the only distributor
of any real consequence (not to dis Nemesis, Hardwax, et al). Having a
hot-ass track doesn't hurt either.

a.