Gee, thanks for the scolding, Miss Emma from Australia.  Nice sentiment in
the second paragraph, but why don't you save the pseudo-spiritual
gobbledegook for someone who cares...  I've earned my right to criticize.

For the record, my sarcastic comment was based around 1) the acceleration of
DJ/Turntable culture as a hot 'trend' in the US in particular (especially as
evidenced in advertising - which is another topic altogether) and 2) my
disdain for the proliferation of DJ's 'who don't know their place.' as
evidenced at WMC this year.

I find nothing wrong with someone wanting to learn to/be (a) DJ.  Hell, my
own girlfriend is learning to spin.  Agreed, everyone starts somewhere.
Nothing's wrong with the adult entertainment profession as long as you're
cool with it (although its not for everyone).  Nor is there anything wrong
with making your own CD's or shopping your original demo.  It's about how you
present yourself.

You couldn't walk around the (overly crowded) pool area this year and
discreetly give a white label to anyone without being attacked by vinyl
vultures.  And the worst part was that when you didn't have anything in the
genre of music that they played or you said no, they were offended and felt
like because they were "DJ Whothefuckever" from 'Oklahoma' and they spin on a
cable carrier college/internet radio station you owed them something.

If all that makes me elitist, fine.  I don't care.

pw