In a message dated 4/14/00 1:40:53 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I wear baggy pants and baseball caps and I listen to/spin techno.  I have
>only been spinning records for a year and a half.  Does that mean I'm not
>down with YOUR undergorund?  Sorry I couldn't make it to parties in the
>early 90's.

Oh, stop whining....

Ya see, I would have been about 13 and I didn't quite have
>driver's liscence yet.  Damn, I guess that's just another reason why I'm
>not
>down.  If I would have realized that how you dress and how long you have
>been partying and where you buy your tables was all that mattered I would
>have just stayed home.  See, I was under the impression that it was LOVE
>FOR
>THE MUSIC that counted.  I always thought that even if you're wearing
>butterfly wings and ponytails it was cool.  You would look stupid as hell
>but it's cool, so long as you LOVE THE MUSIC  God damn, I am so glad someone
>finally opened my eyes.

Whinge, whinge...  Our man's point was that it's not about how you look or
how long you've been around, it's how you present yourself.

Too many up-and-coming DJ's/producers/promoters/partygoers walk around like
they're the shit/god's gift to technohousedrumnbasstrancewhatever when they
really have no clue as to what the hell they are talking about or
listening/dancing to.

Many of us who came up in the early days listened, observed, paid attention,
respected the people who had been before us and learned about the music and
the scene.  Sadly, that's not always the case when you go to a rave these
days.

>I am never going to another party ever, ever again.

Grow up.

pw