-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Holland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>At any rate, I've got a friend that's curious If any of you ever heard of
>"The Elephant Table" album (Pre 85 Industrial compilation apparently) and
if
>so thoughts, opinions, memories?

yes it's a compilation done by Dave Henderson(who used to write
about electronic music for uk weekly Sound,he also had his own label
called"dead mans curve",(which started the GTO guys,but thats another story)
anyway it came out on XTRACT records in 83,and had all the who's who of
electronick scene(what was industrial music,b4 ppl in the us
started to call Wax Trax-EBM stuff - industrial) from memory the
lp had (coil,Chris&Cosey,Lustmord,Muslimgauze,Portion Control,
400 Blows,Legendary pink Dots,Nurse With Wound etc etc etc)
it was called that cause they had a table with elephent legs on the
cover(which was done by Nurse with wound guys)

hope this helps

e,r