> *** Ain't Psycick T.V. the act of Genesis P. Orridge, founder of Throbbing
 Gristle?

The thing people need to remember about Genesis P.O is that he is a
media personality, and not a musician. He is good for interviews about
concentration camp psychology, why fluxus sucks, Crowley related ritual
Magick, and William Seward Burroughs, just do not ask the guy to write a
tune. He was a performance artist, not a musician. TG was Genesis
applying the gallery performance art of Coum Transmissions into a rock
context.

Most people do not realize that the brains behind Throbbing Gristle were
really Chris Carter, and to a lesser extent Sleazy P. That is why there
never has really been a true GPO solo record, he isn't a musician. When
you listen to newer Psychic TV you are really listening to younger Fred
Gianelli. From what Fred has posted to this list, he does not feel that
he was treated very well, and felt cheated by the whole process. He did
not get much fame or money, as Genesis took most of both...

...I could go on longer, Craig Taborn goes on in 6 hours and 35 minutes,
I better hit the hay...

Take care,
Mike

 Lay
 Unconditional Empowerment
 http://barkingcat.org/counterforce

 Michael Taylor : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 http://homes.arealcity.com/Intermodal/index.html
 http://www.mp3.com/TheMSProject

Thanks for the acknowledgement and thoughtful and intelligent insights.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly refute Genesis P-Orridge's claims of "inventing" Acid House. Since when did a short englishman look like a black guy from Chicago?

Not a very nice thing to do.

Gen has made this claim so many times in interviews that he actually believes his own bullshit. He never noticed the rest of the band rolling our eyes as he was interviewed backstage by stupid gullible rock journalists all those years ago. The more press he did, the more grandiose and absurd the claims. Don't burst his bubble now. Take everything he says and what you read about him with a heavy dose of skepticism.

However, Gen is really a master of self promotion and @ getting interviewed for shitty so called "films" like "Modulations" and this new one called "Better Living Through Circuitry". One of my PTV tracks is even on the soundtrack distributed by Moonshine - so you know it's a complete piece of shit.

Incidentally Genesis P-Orridge had no substantial input on that particular track. It was recorded during the "Infinite Beat" sessions. The title, music, concept of using voice samples of Salvador Dali and Andy Warhol were entirely mine. Dave Ball provided some additional keyboard overdubs. Gen did suggest to use the Dali/Warhol samples on that particular track however I had planned all along to use them on one of the tracks for the CD and had them ready in my sampler. The reason he received 50% writing credit and publishing was due to a disagreement we had over the publishing of other tracks on the CD. Particularly "I.C. Water" which was picked as a single and Gen was greedily claiming that he was entitled to more than 50% of the publishing. I suggested that we split all the tracks 50/50 since "Money for E..." was the only track where I could honestly say I deserved 100% of the publishing. I was willing to make this concession on the principal that Gen didn't deserve more than 50% of any of the songs. 50/50 all the way.

I don't really consider "Money for E..." an important track. Just a funny filler track to end an LP and make a stupid ecstasy joke, which he was doing a lot of then. Amazing how some people find the money for their indulgences.

To his credit he did help me get my start and put out my first records in 1985. Somehow he did attract a good crew and bandmates. Matthew Best, Dickie Dawes, Richard Schiessl, Dominic Parker , Milli Laws, his wife @ the time Paula and in small doses ; ) their 2 girls Caresse and Genesse were all great fun to be with and experience the camaraderie of being on the road.

Psychic TV was his project and he can have it. Judging from his mismanagement of the PTV backcatalogue it's all worthless now.

But then again he just thinks I'm just a miserable asshole.

Telepathic regards,
fG
a/k/a The Kooky Scientist