>I'll back you up on that. I think what made the set fun was general vibe.
>I've personally always thought Richie's stuff has always sounded a tad
>mechanical but lots of people like that and thats cool. I bought that last
>CD and will never buy another Hawtin CD ever. Just too mechanical lacked
>any real creative substance.

Don't let that mix-CD put you off. Richie is quite diverse. I had the same
feeling when I saw him this year at Two Tribes in Melbourne with Carola and
Gaetek (whom he enjoyed afterwards since he stayed) - it was the first time
I had experienced his DJing. I just wasn't feeling Richie at all. To be
honest, I thought, how is it that people rave about this guy, he is all
technique, there's no expression, he's a techno android. But I think he was
playing to a big, young crowd who were just there for bangin' stuff. Maybe
in a smaller venue..... I wandered off to check out David Morales and Roger
Sanchez in the end and felt a little heretical for it, then came back. But I
really like the guy's outlook, he is very interesting in his conceptualism,
and his later Plastikman work is quite soulful, or interestingly anti-soul
(not sure which).