>I totally agree, and I'll add a couple of other factors that I believe need
>to be brought into the equation: the venue and the crowd. Now when Derrick
>played here (sorry for bringing this up again C.), I simply wasn't moved.
>The thing is, I think the venue and the crowd (both were fairly large by
>Perth standards) had quite a bit to do with this - the atmosphere just
>wasn't there. Maybe Derrick felt that, maybe not.

Well, put it this way: for a DJ, I imagine to have an unreceptive crowd is
like making love to someone who you can tell doesn't care about you. You
either try harder in an effort to make them love you or your spirit shrinks
and you just give less as there seems to be no point. As to why Perth (or a
certain core, since apparently others not on the list did like it!) wasn't
feeling either Derrick or Stacey, I really don't know or understand it.
Maybe you had a collective headache those nights, Perth?

>>People say that Hawtin is technically superior to Mills but I would take
>>Mills anyday just because he has that jouissance. Technique isn't
>>everything.

As I said, I never understood this comment! Again I have theories about why
people say this and these concern not the DJs but the punters and I would
get myself in trouble for espousing them.

What I would really like to know is if anyone caught Claude Young in
Adelaide or Perth this last weekend? Someone must have gone!

Peace

Cyclone