Not the same mag, but in a recent Jockey Slut, they had D&B dj's (LTJ
Bukem,  Jumpin' Jack Frost and some other guy) review 12's and they ripped
on 'Revenge of the Jaguar', saying it was 'trying to re-create something
that's long gone' (read Detroit)   but also made sure to name drop lots of
old tracks so we readers would know they were down back in the day.  They
also dissed Anthony Rother's excellent Little Computer People 12", citing it
as a 'tired' and 'not progressive', which is a laugh coming from a guy who
has made a career out of playing a Korg MS-1 pad over top of an uncut amen
break ad nauseam.

-jason

http://www.genmod.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]