I figured that letter might wind somebody up, ah well, it just comes
down to difference's of opinion...I've always found Good Lookin' records to
be alright, but completely interchangable, and basically hip restaurant
music, something good to buy items to.  This isn't a bad thing, but I just
don't see the 'deepness' in it.  All LTJ's stuff just sounds the same to me,
and it's not bad, but it REALLY does seem to be just a pad and an amen
break.  My point was that I find him and D&B in general more guilty of
rehashing tired concepts than techno ever has.  Drum and bass got deathly
boring a couple years ago to me, when techstep took all the programming out
it, and it just became about who could make the 'scariest' sounds.  I can
understand in theory how people could not like Anthony Rother, and find it a
throwback, but it all goes out the window when I play his stuff;  it's some
of the most gorgeous music from any era.  He might be working an old
blueprint but he does it with a different outlook and production that throws
a new face on it. I guess I'm just a cyborg version of the 'classic rock'
guy, because I'll never tire of my old friend electro. As for pushing
forward, the freshest stuff I've heard in a long while is UK garage, most of
which isn't even that great, but it just sounds like the last decade of
music and London especially thrown in a blender...I assume lots of D&B
producers who got sick of that scene must have jumped ship to garage,
because the programming is dope.

not from detroit,
-jason

http://www.genmod.org