[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> >It is kinda wierd, but it seems as though whenever black americans create
> >a new, amazing genre of music, whether its jazz, blues, rock, or techno-
> >it is often rejected by the mainstream American audience, but well
> >accepted by various European audiences.
> >
> >Just goes to show you how far we have progressed, huh?
>
> as far as blues and rock goes, you need to maybe take
> AMERICAN history and learn that not only was blues and ragtime and rock
> WIDELY accepted by american audiences when they were created,

Not when they were created, only when they were presented to the general
public as being produced by white people, regardless whether they were
from Europe or the US. That pattern has been repeated too often to
ignore and it suggests that there is a (most likely subconscious?)
racial bias to music acceptance.

Otto