Um, again, I apologize that this message focuses on rock more than techno,
so if you aren't interested, then delete.

>  If that is how you truly feel, then please "progress" to another mailing
> list. You and the smart guy in the message below this one are obviously very
> angry non-americans.

Actually, I am from Detroit, Michigan.  Although I have lived briefly in
other countries for short periods of time, I am an American.  Living
abroad however, has given me an opprotunity to see American society from
a foreigners perspective.

> as far as blues and rock goes, you need to maybe take
> AMERICAN history and learn that not only was blues and ragtime and rock
> WIDELY accepted by american audiences when they were created, they also
> started revolutions for the times.

Although I am not a expert on America's history of rock, I do know that
one reason why rock had a hard time catching on outside of younger crowds
was the fact that many of the musicians were black.  Parents were outraged
at the fact that thier daughters were not only listening to, but idolizing
older black musicians.  It wasn't untill Elvis came along that society in
general came to accept it.

I am sure that similiar problems occurred with techno in Detroit and the
rest of the US, (keep in mind that I am not very old school, and I
would appreciate feedback on this) except rather than get upset that thier
daughter was idolizing black musicians, they might have rejected the idea
of leaving the sanitized suburbs and going to the inner city to hear these
musicians perform.

> But I find it appauling that you can type these ridiculous comments
> without knowing anything about america.

You are right, maybe I should take a communications course at a major
university taught by a world-reknown professor, whose area's of expertise
include the history of music or something.  *Then* I will know what I am
talking about.

        -christos