I used to work with four track reel-to-reel recording shit off of a Sequential Circuits Pro-One. Condensing tracks using two four tracks, splicing, cutting...making mistakes and finding that they sound better than your original intention. Love that "old" stuff.

Fred

From: c myster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Old recording techniques...
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 01:37:29 -0500

What  impresses me is the attention to Detail.
Derrick would would actually Splice peices of tape and
insert it backwards to give it that backspin sound.  If you've worked
with
Linear analog tape or even fixing old eaten cassette tapes, you can
respect the
amount of tedious time that went into it.

mystro