From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: [313] Re: [ur-records] Question???
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:50:03 +0200

Derek wrote:

Now, as for people who get records because they work at a magazine or
something, thats a different story. These people should DEFINANTLY make
their voices heard.

ugh.reviews.when i decided to concentrate on school (novel idea eh?)and work 2 jobs, i went to just writing reviews for on-lines.ive been reviewing strictly now for about 2 years for 2 of em.

i would say my one big complaint for reviews is getting the material from the people and then finding a place to post it. whenever i see people i always say 'send me your record,so i can review and get it out there' and maybe only a few do send it to me (after taking my info) and once i do get it, i then have to have shop it around and find a place/mag for it to be posted because 1.the editor has to feel someone cares enough to read the review 2.some one else might already be reviewing it. I also always listen to the full piece of material (i dont assume the whole cd sounds like track one,so i dont stop there),which takes time.For me, writing reviews is also like putting your head freely on the chopping block and giving the public the ax. Though i always try and be positive, some sort of informed critism is always needed-which i hate doing-and will always piss some one off.

so...now that ive done that semi-off topic tangent,any support lists for music journos?

;0)
diana