I find myself wondering where you guys are coming from...
It seems  your opinions regarding the state of music from Detroit is
superficial at best...Where would your "avant-guarde" dj's  be without someone
to proceed them..to give them something to copy?Everyone has influeneces ..but
in regards to techno  those from other than the Detroit area  are doing
exactly what the Beatles did with rock-and-roll ..copying
a black mans soul and claiming as their own and the uneducated  pop music fans
just consuming whatever's directed at them.All of the e_notes regarding this
topic show an extreme lack of knowlegde regarding music from Detroit and  it's
quality and to prove this I need only say one name
....Kenny Dixon jr....ever heard of him?????

http://webmail.netscape.com.