I think your statement is a little off center, first you say that everyone has
influences,
then you proceed to knock everyone who has been influenced by Detroit!  It's a
double edged
sword your wielding, don't cut your on arm off.  If you really want to take
this far, all
music is influenced by other types of music (including detroit), so the
realization should be
that we all come from the same seed, we just branch off in different directions.

I also deny the credibility of the statement 'copying a black man's soul and
claiming it as
their own'.  People search out music and are influenced by it, this doesn't
imply they are
copying anything (with the exception of the Sony/UR scandal).  Nor would I say
that everything
I listen to has been directly influenced by Detroit, and if it has it hides
it's influences
very well.

Remember electricity wasn't necessarily discovered by Ben Franklin, but he
received credit for
it.
todd