And on techno perpective all( outside Detroit) are Wanabee Jeff Mills, Wanabee Derick May, Wanabee Kevin Sanderson, Wanabee XXX Detroit producers.
Learn your classics.

From: gord <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313]Detroit bread & butter (Ax-20)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:18:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hey I'll be the first to admit that I have my head in the sand when it
comes to house music, jazzy house, and related producers.  Nor do I
think that techno producers are any more "avant garde" than house music
producers.  I'm sure there's a lot of interesting house, soul, funk,
r&b, etc. coming out of Detroit these days too.  It's unfortunate, but I
find that whatever style of music you are into tends to become the center
of your universe.  I was just talking about Detroit music from a techno
perspective