--- defragged <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i listen to music purely for pleasure<-- (i'm
> rereading this wondering
> who doesn't...but anyway) . i started djing cause i
> have a short attention
> span (and i love techno.) it seems like literal
> counting in the beginning
> would make the whole listening experience for a
> beginner dj even more
> frustrating. props to the counters who stuck it out.

I count beats. Or more like pay attention to the
track. I just hate it when a mix is unpredictable.
meaning, I know don't know when exactly something is
about to happen. high hats, etc.. You can have the two
tracks beat matched, but if its not "phrased"
properly, then it will ruin the flow of the mix.

> especially when most of my
> mixing encorporates active EQing, being stuck on a
> RANE MP-24 with no channel EQ is a prime example

O well. be prepared for the 27th wonderboy. I might
hook up the effector.

=====
•—'|[ s t e a l t h ]|'—•
• t e k | x u p p o r t •