From: \ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 December 2008 15:15
To: Arturo Lopez
Cc: list 313
Subject: Re: (313) Kanye's New LP

fyi, just a few years back, juan atkins played a cutup of cybotron ala
missy....and jeff mills, eg, samples a paid in full on shifty disco...
examples of the interchange between between hip hop and techno

although, at the moment, i wouldnt spend a buck on kanye's album, one
cannot deny that hiphop producers certainly do push technology forward.

ps, to all the naysayers of metro area's fabric cd...are you kidding me?

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Arturo Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I certainly think he's a talented lyricist at least, maybe that's why
> I expect more.  I actually -really- dug the aesthetics of the last
> tour, I thought it looked quite badass
> http://www.vh1.com/shared/promoimages/news/g/grammys_2008/show/kanye_w
> est/281x211.jpg
> http://chicagoist.com/attachments/chicagoist_tankboy/2008_02_kanye_tou
> r.gif
>
> Yea it's a little derivative of stuff we've probably all seen before,
> but it still looks cool as hell imho. If anyone knows who put that
> together, I'd love to see some of their other work.
>
> I can do without all the covers though, I hate cover songs / egregious

> sampling quite a bit.  Remember Missie and Cybotron from a few years
> back?  I can do without the hip-hoppers raiding the old techno bins
> for hooks.
>
> -Arturo
>

> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:02 PM, " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> its actually auto tune, what people use to make bad singers in
>> key....he uses it despite its originally intended use, which is a
>> very techno-esque mentality....
>>
>> his beats are tight, he's slightly annoying but immensely talented

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.

Channel Four Television Corporation, created by statute under English law, is
at 124 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2TX .

4 Ventures Limited (Company No. 04106849), incorporated in England and Wales
has its registered office at 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX.

VAT no: GB 626475817