So this is how I gather things to be:

funny enough I go to discogs.com marketplace first, because I mostly
want to buy old detroit records and out of print stuff.

for new, I do the following:

read forced exposure new releases
go to the local NYC stores (etherea first on Ave a - though it's a
little hipster minimal for me, Halcyon in brooklyn - though it's a
little hip hop for me, and only been to Dope Jams in Brooklyn once but
they had tons of KDJ and deep detroit house).

Hit up gramaphone everytime I come to Chicago.

That's about it.

Never done the clone thing, though I gather that might be great, other
than shipping and currency exchange.

ALSO!

Anyone heard the Deadbeat - Roots and Wire album?  Freaking nasty.
Combination of quality reggae influenced vocal dub, really firm techno
with some echo space flavor (without the "minor, dark, sad" chord
feeling).

I rarely get into anything dubby, but this has such nice techno
recording quality.  Really impressive.

--
---
Michael Kuszynski