From: William VanLoo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Oul Shakur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] Detroit Techno in England
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:39:00 -0700

> now nothing against
> cajmere, but wouldnt it be better to have him on once and have 2 other
> detroit/chicago based dj's on?
>
> its a complete lack of vision on the part of the promoters in my view

No, it's not a lack of vision, just a difference of vision.

Your vision is for lots of great, innovative Detroit artists to come
over and share their art. The promoters' vision is to make money on
their ventures.

Those two happen to come together sometimes, but it's far from a
guarantee.

Apologies if I somehow manage to spark that godawful "integrity" or "art
vs. commerce" or "underground vs. commercial" debate again. That's the
last thing I want, to wade through a bazillion messages I've already
read for the last 5 years. Gosh, do I sound bitter?

ob313: Pole, Jan Jenelik, and Burnt Friedman tonight at the Detroit
Contemporary. Aww yeah. I'll be there, hoping the bass clears my sinuses
out (damn fall weather...).

BVL
--
http://www.chromedecay.org