i saw octave one twice and i liked it very much and they played just the older stuff.. once i saw kevin saundersson and it seemed it was just playback with posing.. but hey, plastikman will do a live show again. :P so matt, you have to vistit berlin :)

kind regards,
gunther

Matt Chester schrieb:
Lets talk about live sets for a change - who are your favourite Detroit live artists & why? I saw Rob Hood live recently and was pretty disappointed - he was doing the whole 'play one track, stop, reprogram, play another track' thing. A lot of detroit artists seem to do that, performing more like a band, i've never really understood why. Does anyone here prefer that kind of show to a continuously evolving set? Carl Craig last year at the festival was phenomenal I thought - he gets plenty of criticism these days for various reasons but that totally blew me away... Scan 7 & Octave One both do very tight shows too. NB -No chat about hardware vs laptop btw, this is strictly about talent! And first person to mention Jeff or Richie gets a severe beating... :p

kent williams wrote:
Sometimes when people went all quiet I posted something just to get a
discussion going, but I've decided that as list admin it's kind of a
cheesy thing to do, so I've stopped.

Sometimes I think that pretty much every possible thing to be said
about Detroit Techno has been said already on this list, multiple
times, well and poorly, so we await new developments, which can be
thin on the ground, especially in summer.

It's like the contemporary authors whose books I read. There are 15 or
20 authors whose books I will read as soon as they're published.  Most
of the time I'm caught up, and I just want them to write faster.