On 6 Aug 2009, at 15:24, Matt Chester wrote:

Lets talk about live sets for a change - who are your favourite Detroit live artists & why?

Robert Hood, Vector Lovers, Mr Copy, Marco Bernardi, Nathan Fake and Regis have all been good over the last 6 months, not much Detroit in there but all that's coming out of Detroit at the moment is T-shirts ;)

I saw Rob Hood live recently and was pretty disappointed - he was doing the whole 'play one track, stop, reprogram, play another track' thing.

I've seen a few people do this, Andy Stott for one, but it made a welcome change and it's wasn't really a heads down set or vibe going but I can see why it would put people off, depends on the venue and what's happening in the other rooms I reckon. I love the odd silence to signal change but I'm more of a fan of the evolving set myself.