But if you haven't got a visa/work permit, you haven't got a visa/work permit.

I'm no apologist for regulations or overzealous bureaucracy, but the fact that
the rules have been re-tightened in recent years has been made crystal clear.

If the paper work is not in your possession before you travel, you're making an
unwise decision to get on that plane.

It's the responsibility of the agent and the promoter to make sure that this
paper work has been dealt with before the artist departs.

If it's not been taken care of, this is not a very professional thing to let
happen.

You can't buck reality unfortunately. It's not a question of generosity or not
on the part of the immigration staff.

It just is.

Nowadays, anyway.

And the immigration regulations for Europeans wanting to do temporary work in
the States are just as stringent, by the way.

Ken Odeluga
Copy Editor, Markets - Market Talk