You A) don't travel with a load of gear, beyond a laptop B) don't show
up as re-entering the same country multiple times in the same year.

In a sense, getting sent home is a sort of perverse sign you've arrived.

I did find out this weekend how to get the hairy eyeball from everyone
in uniform in the Salt Lake City airport yesterday: don't shave for a
week, wear dark glasses and a Moodyman T Shirt.