[kent williams <chaircrus...@gmail.com>]
> You gotta do what you gotta do.  A lot of techno is also made really
> quickly. In fact, I think a lot of producers have the strategy of
> making a lot of tracks as quickly as possible and then picking the
> best of the lot.
>
> Techno doesn't have to be time-consuming to make, and the best tracks
> are just drums with 2 or 3 additional sounds.  The challenge is to
> make something awesome that's also simple.

Yeah, it's like the quote from Antoine de Saint-Exupery:

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing
left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

I always thought that was kind of a guiding principle of techno.

--
:: atomly ::

[ ato...@atomly.com : www.atomly.com : http://blog.atomly.com/ ...
[ atomiq records : new york city : +1.917.442.9450 ...
[ e-mail atomly-news-subscr...@atomly.com for atomly info and updates ...