On 22 Sep 2010, at 15:26, kuszyn...@gmail.com wrote:

> I agree with you on that - my own perspective focuses more on the
> sound design and point of origin of the seed that was planted for
> electronic music inside oneself.  Not that I have necessarily a deep
> amount of successful credibility (I did a self-released 12" and album,
> am not terribly devoted to externalizing my recordings),

I personally don't think it matters if you've had a commercial release or not.

> but I always
> approached electronic music from the synthesizer, the sound making
> machine, and not from the record.  I suppose I started wanting to make
> techno before I heard techno.

I have tapes from 1978 that are much the same, there's structure there but it's
off-kilter, you can see it change when I got an ST and had lessons :) I've
always tried to have a good mix of sound design and structure but mostly it's
the music/track that dictates that I find.

> Alternatively, my musical interests are
> probably at least 50% outside of techno/dance music, and fall into
> industrial, noise, ambient, and a lot of what I think of as some of
> the most special UK stuff from the 90's like orbital, orb, fsol,
> underworld.  Dancey music, yes.  After these 4, doesn't even make
> sense to consider drivel like min_s something real.

Nods, we've gone from The Beatles to Lustmord this morning :)