*From: irid...@gmail.com [mailto:irid...@gmail.com] On Behalf
*Of ja...@iridite.com
*Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:17 PM
*To: 313 list
*Subject: (313) Silly fanboy collectors question...
*
*.....so, how many of you out there have signed records in your
*collection?  I don't mean ones you've picked up in a store (I
*still kick myself after all these years remembering passing up
*a complete set of signed and sealed Transmat and Fragile
*releases in Ruadub because they were £1 more expensive than
*the normal copies and I had the majority of the tracks
*anyway)...I mean the ones you've actually taken the time and
*bother to drag down to a club night where somebody you totally
*respect is about to play and you run up to them with a silver
*or black marker and...well, you know the rest :)
*
*Tonight, whilst going through my vinyl for the first time in a
*LONG time, I found:
*
*Mr Fingers - Amnesia - of course I was new to the signing
*thing then and had brought a ball point pen instead of a
*marker and poor old Larry had to sort of inscribe the cover as
*the pen wouldn't write - this would have been roughly
*1994-1995 when he played live (DX7, Emax II and live vocals- I
*recoreded the gig on DAT and of course, it didn't work) in the
*Volcano club on a Thursday night (where the club scene in
*Trainspotting was filmed fact fans!)
*
*Orlando Voorn - 1987 DMC MegaMix - signed at his Art School
*gig back in 2001 just before I moved over to Amsterdam - he
*ended the show by coming out of the DJ booth, dancing like a
*crazy man and then scratching in the next track by leaning
*back into the booth whilst still dancing - pretty impressive stuff!
*
*Of course the hardest part after making a fool of yourself is
*getting the said record home in one piece..or home at all!
*
*Come on you lot, what you got?
*
*Jason