44 year old "House Dad" here too.  Was into "faster stuff" in the
early/mid 90's (big Rising High Records fan back then).  The bpms have
slowed down for me over the years as well.

The only parties I get to spin at here in the US are the ones where
I'm involved with bringing in the main act from Detroit, but it's all
good ;)

Joe