From: Ian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Music Institute <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: [313] Interesting Insight
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 00:39:20 -0400

Mildly offtopic, and I apologize in advance....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/cool/

Documentary on the feedback loop between what 's "cool" and what marketers
use to be "down" with teens.

Conclusion is that Detroit's own ICP is ripe for being co-opted.   KISS2
anyone?

I'm thankful that true Detroit techno escaped by virtue of its happening
early enough, and under the radar.

What I wonder though:
Detroit has a tradition of musical innovation, which might be subject to
greater attention in the near future.

What other "scenes" are still virgin and raging?
--
There4IM