> >> if he wasn't so far up his own arse as to believe his
> >> music isn't techno anymore then maybe we'd all get
> >> this chance.
> >>
> >> wasn't he the one who said
> >> "techno is whatever you want it to be......"
> >

>  I've neglected to respond to the above:
>
> What part of his music do you consider not techno anymore?  Is it what
> you think he will play at these house clubs or do you think his current
> material isn't techno?

i'll always consider his musc techno. him more than anyone has helped
shape the way i look at music and what i now do for a living.
it's jeff who says on the axis forum that his music isn't suitable for
techno clubs anymore. that's what pissed me off. who is he to decide
whether people who've followed his music all through his career are
no longer the people who should be out partying to his dj sets.

techno for me is anything electronic be it house, electro, gabber, acid
anything. and this is why you'll hear these styles more at a techno club
than say at tribal sessions where the music policy seems to be just
dull 15minute progressive house tunes and the oh so cool tech-house
bollocks (surely just techno for house dj's who can't bring themselves
to admit that after so many years dissing the music they're now actually
playing it)

if jeff wants to play these clubs and get a reaction then fair enough. but
why turn his back on those who've helped and supported him for so long.
we must get asked 5 or 10 times a week in the shop if we know when jeff
mills is playing in england again. in future i'll just say he isn't but why
not
go check out ben sims, carola, hawtin, bone etc, people with a real hunger
for what they do and a genuine love for the people who pay to hear them
play. like mills used to have.

paul

> I really believe his quote is a genuine one and he's not full of shite.
>  LOL   I think we're the ones who have the problem because we have put
> "techno" in a box or given techno a "stereotype" whereas Mills hasn't,
> hence the quote.  Techno IS whatever we want it to be.  Its Beligum
> Rave, Gabber, its breaks, its tech-step, its tech-house, its TRANCE =),
> its IDM, its glitch, its click-house, ambient...on and on.
>
> Techno is Techno.  Even Detroit Techno is its own brand of techno.
>
> Ok, gotta go...the  neighbors got the R&B blastin' now and I have try
> and to get back to work.  =)
>
> Peace,
>
> glyph
>

> >> so why is he now restricting himself to house clubs?
> >>

> > To you, they're house clubs....to him they're places to wreak havoc in.
=)
> > I think we just need to remain calm and see what happens.
> >
> > Peace,
> >
> > Glyph
> >

> >> paul

Musik,