Hello Tristan!

First of all I don't want to start a mess or something! Really not!
I didn't knew about the celebration month for African-American history.
Maybe I'm a dreamer but I also hope that there will be a color-blind utopia.
I just was scared about another senseless discussion about which "color" is
doing the better music. I remember a discussion some months ago. Somebody
posted
that real 313 related music should not be produced by white people. I don't
want
to read such messages anymore!

Sorry if anybody feels angry about it!

Arne

> Subject: Re: [313] Black techno artists
>

> > Again:
> > Is it really a question of the colour of the skin? This was discussed
> before.
>
> Arne,
>
> With no disrespect intended (I really love your music and your contributions
> to the list), I think a lot of Europeans have trouble relating to racial
> problems in the US (well, many Americans still believe in a color-blind
> uptopia too). Even some critical race theorists posit a future in which we
> can look *beyond* the color of one's skin (and this doesn't mean ignoring
> it). But at the moment, at least in America, this remains a utopian vision
> and not a reality. Case in point: racial injustice is still so pronounced in
> the US (and the evidence is still very clear today) that we have a month
> dedicated to celebration of African-American history, and more intensive
> educational focus on that neglected perspective on American and global
> history. So without re-hashing the debate about whether or not race is or
> should be an issue still in the US (or on this list), I would hope we could
> at least pay respect to Gerald's idea that we could recognize current
> influential African-American electronic music producers/DJs. It's a timely
> topic. Titonton's a great example! ...and like Gerald said, "how about
> Europe"? I for one, wouldn't know the color of a lot of European producer's
> skin to even comment.
>
> Tristan
> http://www.mp313.com <- Music
> http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more
> http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios
> http://phonopsia.tripod.com <- Hub
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <- email
> <FrogboyMCI> <- AOL Instant Messenger

Arne Weinberg
KEYNOTE Rec. formerly known as GROUND ZERO Rec. / STARBABY Rec.