Right on!!  Can't say it better myself.  =)

Have a nice day!

g.

"If you ain't feelin' it, this ain't for you!" --Steve Harvey (Kings of Comedy)

Nicole Slavin wrote:

at the risk of being slated, how can so many people remove the context of
this music. it comes from a society and a place that has been a long time
marginalised. and, you will find the same problems in any european country
you decide to venture into.
you cannot divorce the artists' experience from their music and to deny that
race is an issue for this music is well, frankly, weird.
why the dismissiveness towards this subject? would you look at a piece of
art without wondering about its social and historical context, would you
read a book and take it only at face value?
i know many people on the list feel this subject has been talked to death,
but it hasn't. it is still relevant and unresolved. how can you say you have
no need to understand problems of the US, they are our problems too and the
cultural and policitical and economic hegemonies of the US run the entire
world. do you want us to be programmed and passive forever?
there, i've had my say, criticise if you will.