I have a younger brother who is more 0207 than 313 (0207 is the inner-London
'phone prefix) ...  meaning he's more into (forgive me) speed cabbage than
Detroit-related stuff. But no matter what you think of it - you've REALLY
got to be switched on to mix it well. Mostly it's breaks. I arrogantly took
a turn with his stuff once thinking, 'Pah! This should be a walk in the
park,' but the breaks, sudden stops & frequent vocals meant it took me at
least 15 mins to get my stride & I could not relax once ... we 313s buffered
by variations around a basic 4/4 beat (mostly), have grown a little
complacent about how convenient a dj tool should be ... (imho, natch). ... u
should try drum & bass ;¬D