I was just thinking about how odd this discussion is.

Any other musician in any other genre makes music for one purpose, for ppl
to listen.

Only in electronic music are producers expected to make music, not for
listening, but for other ppl to use as tools.

i'm not a dj, but i think anyone who complains because a track fades in is
an arrogant ass. what makes you think that producers should be concerned
with your needs as a dj. if you don't like it, producer your own tracks.

besides, anyone who 'needs' that opening kick to mix a record certainly
can't be that good of a dj. masters like mills barely play one minute of a
record, let alone the full 5. i'm sure he just smirks at you and shakes
his head.