I've thought about pitching at least one of my decks - especially when I'd love to mix a Kraftwerk tune in with some Direct Beat tracks - I'd love to kick Musik Non-Stop up to about +10 and jack it properly. What is the chance of f*cking up the decks though?

Music Non Stop works OK at 45pm (pitched down to 8)I find.

MEK

                      Sakari Karipuro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED] To: Tristan Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> iposti.net> cc: 313 <313@hyperreal.org> Subject: Re: [313] which dj invented + 15
                      09/04/02 11:04 AM

Tristan Watkins wrote on Wed, 4 Sep 2002 about following:

> > 150 bpm, play longer sets and build your set, and buy enough records to
> > build the set from 117bpm to 150bpm. that's the right way.
>
> It's definitely not the best way to do it, but I can't say I'd never do
it
> again. I really like to play those Theo Parrish records and they don't
get
> played out much unless I have +/-16 (or 15 if you rather). Of course, my
> solution should just be to get the Vestax, no?

mmm i dunno. i just usually think that tracks are done for some tempo
for some reason. and i like to keep the tracks as they were intended to
be. of course you need to always pitch up/down while playing but +16 is
way overkill. if playin house i try to keep in between -2 - +4, with
techno i can go up'n'down more but for example at +8 the bass goes
awful. kinda weak. and think about vocals of house-tracks at +16.
usually ruins the track totally.. kills the vibe totally because they
start sounding like how gabber-heads used vocals - pitched too up.

sakke
--
random rants and links at:
http://www.arabuusimiehet.com/sakke/