I use Wavelab Lite - not so many features that it loads slowly or is
difficult to use, not so crap that you can't do things like "save
selection as". I have other wav editors but the simplicity of Wavelab
Lite means that it suits me down to the ground for recording mixes. If I
want to go and do anything fancy like compression later on I'd use
Soundforge, but for staight recording it's always Wavelab Lite!

Brendan