i've been fiddling with ableton for a while, and its a good program.
i honestly did not notice any changes for the better in the 2.0 beta. programs like Reason (1.0 and 2.0) still have problems "rewireing".

but for live work, i can honestly say that my Electrix Repeater (disclaimer, i hate all electrix products but this one) takes the cake for live loop manipulation.

it also puts me further away from the "all laptop Live PA" stigma, and the last thing i need is to be hated by the Stewart Walker massive. (though what is the difference between sequencing sounds live on a $1200 mpc than sequencing sounds live on a $1200 laptop ?)

however if you CAN get Ableton to function properly with programs like Reason, then the VST capabilities become amazing.

-adam jay