Well, I consider the art of arranging as the art of the Live PA.  Whether it
be using traditional samplers and sequencers or a Laptop with Ableton live
on it.  I've done it both ways.  I don't think the audience really cares as
long as they like what is coming out of the speakers whether or not you use
a laptop or bulky equipment.

In the past I've also played guitar onstage for years and actually feel more
involved with the music when I'm messing around with Ableton Live onstage
rather than rocking out with a guitar.

telepathic regards,
the kooky scientist