Maybe techno producers who do live PAs should break down and take a couple
keyboard lessons?
Carl Craig played some live keys when I saw his live PA, I think it was as
Paperclip People.

and i found everytime he touched the keys i got bored. the thing is, playing full 'live' or not, when you're playing the keyboard you're also assuring the crowd that you're *not* tweaking the bass, dropping the cymbal line, bringing in a synth solo, or sliding up a string line an octave. whether or not you're doing that i don't think is the point: making the crowd think you are *is*, and when you're playing a keyboard you are assuring them that you're not.