Kent williams wrote:

I still don't know how to make a live electronic set truly dynamic. My
solution is to improvise it all live with live loop sampling.

You have to embrace and work with the fact that there's only so "live" a live PA is going to get. The reason for this comes down to the very nature of what it is that we do when we're onstage. Instrumentalists have a completely different relationship to their instruments than MPC or laptop artists do - do an action and out comes a response; there's a one-to-one correspondance between the behavior of an instrument and the actions of its user. But if you're working with sequences, that one-to-one correspondance goes out the window. We're not setting single events in motion. Instead we're setting pre-organized chains of events in motion, and those chains often have a rhythmic relationship to one another that's quantized. This isn't a quality judgement. It's just the nature of the music. Take that quantization away and you have something that isn't really techno any more.

--
Dennis DeSantis
www.dennisdesantis.com