definitely,
Smart people surround themselves with competent people....

From: "Mark Freitas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "xx xx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: RE: (313) DEMF (R)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:36:58 -0600

To be fair, the abandonment might have been beyond Derrick's control. There
is a certain burden of proof that needs to be met to register a trademark.
If you can't meet it (because perhaps you aren't doing trade under the
said mark - or aren't doing it *yet*) then you can't do much more than
abandon.  Getting a registered trademark is fairly involved in certain
respects. Anyhow, it would have been the lawyer's job to handle this, right?